Moving from a print-focused media environment to the online, interactive media landscape can be a big change for content creators and consumers. Doing it in Drupal can make the transition easier, provided it's managed well.
I'll be talking about some lessons learned while going through the process at the Australian Medical Association, including:
- Focus on the user - what do they want, how do they want it?
- Working with the strengths of your content creators
- Baby steps - small, incremental changes are easier to accept than a big bang, and also easier to step back from if they're not working
- Potential roadblocks and how to get around, over, or through them
- No node left behind - designing to avoid the ugly data migration monster